Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reusable Grocery Bag Attempt #2





Today I spent about an hour or so making another Reusable Grocery bag for that swap I'm in. This one turned out better than the first, but I am still not completely satisfied with it. It turned out a lot smaller height-wise than I wanted it to be because when I was sewing a French seam into the bottom to close it up, I missed the lining twice and had to keep sewing it smaller. I think I ended up taking about 2 inches off the bottom, which stinks. It was all going really well too until I messed up on the bottom!

The good thing about it is that it does fold up into the pocket on the front which is what I really wanted it to be able to do. I think I will send this one to my partner, plus I don't really want to make another and have it not work out like the first one. Now I just have to find two kitchen items to put inside of it. I think I am also going to draw out a little instruction sheet for how to fold it up into the pocket.

No comments: